Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quotes from my dear Olivia

It is always unexpected. I try my darnedest to remember every single one. Olivia's random thoughts and comments are some of the things that I love most about being a mom. It always makes me wonder how her little mind views this crazy world we live in.

Most recently, on Valentine's Day we gave Jack and Olivia superhero capes. Jack's is blue with a yellow lightning bolt and Olivia's is hot pink with a yellow lightning bolt. Olivia and Jack played in them all day racing around the house and making flying sound effects. Olivia stopped abruptly to inform me that she is the "superhero of love". Belly laughs ensued.

We were talking about how Olivia NEVER takes a nap. The conversation then turned to her frequent nightmares to which I said, "You always have nightmares." She replied, "Yeah, but only at night."

One day on the way home from swimming lessons, Olivia said "I didn't want a little sister or a little brother, I just wanted to be alone." OUCH!

One day while I was preparing dinner, Olivia said, "Mom, your big belly looks like it has a baby in it." Here I am thinking that I have lost some more of this baby weight that continues to plague me only to have my hopes dashed by my 5 year old. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment